Thursday 24 March 2011

Mojo's back!

I have lots to share with you today. I've been back to my needles, knitting quite feverishly; I've finished three projects this week and now I'm digging through my stash in search of new projects. Here are my recent FOs:

1. Cable sweater for C.
I started knitting it in November last year; it was supposed be Christmas sweater but, of course, I didn't manage to complete it on time. I was knitting it on and off and I'm so glad it's finally finished. It's seamless, knitted from top to bottom. I improvised the cable pattern as I went. I think the sleeves are too large but C. says he likes them this way so if he's happy, I'm happy. I just know I would't be able to frog the whole thing up to the arm increases to make the sleeves smaller. I admit I got pretty tired with this project.

Yarn: Sirdar Click Aran with Wool
Needles: 5mm/ US8 


2. Baby beanie.
I produced this little hat one evening. It's a gift for my friend's baby boy who was born last Sunday.

Yarn: Patons Fairytale DK
Needles: dpn 4mm/ US6

3. Stripy sweater.
I just love it! My quickest knit ever: it took only three days to complete it. I had some Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Aran sitting in my stash and after some search on Ravelry I found this fantastic project by Audrey. The pattern is "$5 in Paris" but I didn't  follow it. It's an easy seamless top, knitted from top to bottom. I wrote my notes on my Ravelry page (here).

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Aran
Needles: 4mm/ US6 and 4.5mm/ US7

***
From other news: yesterday I finally visited Loop, the legendary yarn shop in Islington (though the nearest tube station is Angel; I didn't know that and had a bit of a walk from Highbury&Islington station).
The shop is a real paradise. I could easily live there... Not only they stock high quality yarns but the way everything is presented makes this place very special. And the customer service is excellent too; you really feel welcome (something I never experience when I visit I Knit shop, for example). The shop assistant complimented on my Noro shawlette that I had wrapped around my neck. It felt good :)

I was a good girl and didn't let myself to buy much, although I was really tempted. The choice of yarn that they offer is fantastic but I only bought one skein of Colinette Jitterbug. I plan to knit socks with it; I wanted small shawlette but I think one skein wont be enough.

And the last thing: it's official now- I am addicted to Araucania yarns. I have stashed some more:

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Cudności. I te kolory! Uwielbiam jak jest tak kolorowo.
    Sklepu szczerze zazdroszczę,tym bardziej,że Toruń to zagłębie akryli, a sama kupuję w sklepach internetowych, gdzie pomacać nie można.
    BTW, w Londku tak ciepło?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lete: w Londynie jest kilka wspanialych sklepow z wloczkami, ale przyznam szczerze, ze ja najczesciej kupuje przez internet: wychodzi po prostu taniej. Do sklepow chodze glownie pomacac (ale i tak zawsze na cos sie skusze ;)) "Loop" jest bajkowy, ale ceny maja niezemskie (wiele wloczkek to recznie farbowane cuda ze Stanow).

    W Londynie ostatnio pogoda nas rozpieszcza; powietrze jeszcze troche ostre, ale slonce dosc mocno grzeje.

    Pozdrawiam serdecznie :)

    ReplyDelete